Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to work

I am back to work with mixed feelings. I was really enjoying my time at home, spending time with kids and Deric. I had a lot of fun over the past week and a half, but now that I am back to work I can appreciate why I come to work everyday.

Things I love about being at work
  • Able to enjoy a cup of coffee in silence if I want - no tugging, no Curious George, no nothing
  • Being inspired by all the great people I work with - like Heidi (my VP) who always has a smile on her face and has the time to talk JoAnne who always can put things into perspective, or Trisha who is positive about everything and always seems to accomplish everything. Everyone makes me what to do even more with my life!
  • Having an adult conversation with others - today my collegues were discussing politics (which is NOT a topic for me), but it was still hilarious to hear the viewpoints
  • Being with other Moms - makes me reflect on my life as a mom and what a great and sometimes challenging family I have
  • Having my mind challenged - beyond figuring out what Colin was really trying to say
  • Able to sit down and complete something from start to finish without being interrupted

Things I miss when I am at work

  • Anna's shaking of her arms when she wants to be picked up!
  • Colin's infectious laugh - how can you not help yourself and laugh too?
  • Playing on the floor - ball, slide, whatever
  • Cuddles from either Colin or Anna - which I do not get everyday but love them when I get them!
  • Nap time

But what I love the most about my day - walking back into the house after being gone and both kids being excited to see me. Anna will start shaking her arms and Colin will run to me and say "Hey... Mom!!!" and then start laughing. This is enough to put a smile on my face no matter the kind of day I have had.

No comments: